Monday, September 18, 2006

Hello There Lutz

This will be my blog about Lutz, attempting to replicate what I have done in Seminole Heights. It will be interesting to see where this blog goes, as issues are certainly different in Lutz than they are in Seminole Heights. Lutz is a larger area than Seminole Heights and so would not have the same cohesiveness. Lutz does have a history of activism though. The posts in this blog will not be as frequent as on the Seminole Heights blog, until we move there.

We have long standing ties to Lutz. Susan lived and worked in Odessa for years. The first house we wanted to buy, in 1990, was in downtown Lutz. However that contract fell through when the wooden house was found not to be worth the $40,000 the seller wanted. Six years ago we previously lived in Pasco Lutz, in Turtle Lakes. This time we intend to move closer to downtown Lutz so I will not has as far to drive. Susan's art work has been framed for last 15 years or so by Tana at The Beck Gallery. Our dog obedience trainer, Courteous Canine, is off County Line Road between Turle Lakes and Carpenters Run.

While living in Turtle Lakes, we got our first taste of civic activism. More on that in a later post.

9 comments:

Susan said...

What's a turle?

Anonymous said...

lol...exactly what I was asking.....
lolololol.

so how is life in beautiful downtown lutz?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Lutz. Saw the blurb about your blog in the Times. I look forward to seeing your Lutz blog in action.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Lutz. I also saw the article about the blog in the Times. I live in west Cheval and look forward to following your blog about Lutz. How do we suggest topics to you?

David Scott Banghart said...

Thank you very much. Nice to feel welcomed

Anonymous said...

I'm the wife of this bloghost and I also thank you for that welcome. We're not in Lutz yet. We're just headed that way. We have a house to sell first, so if you know anyone that needs a nice bungalow in Seminole Heights, please send them our way! We're looking forward to being Lutzians. What do you call people who live in Lutz?

Anonymous said...

Lutzites

Anonymous said...

Hello from Cheval West. Are you here yet? I'm trying to setup a neighborhood blog. I could use some help.

David Scott Banghart said...

Likely we will be on Lutz in early March. In a couple of days I will now for sure. Email me now at dbanghart@yahoo.com and I will help you with your blog.