Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dryer Issues

Yesterday, we brought the washer and dryer over to the house from the storage unit. I go to plug in the dryer and discover that the outlet was a 3 prong outlet and the cord from the dryer had a 4 prong outlet.

When I first bought this dryer 7 years ago, it had a 3 prong cord. However, I had the electrical service in my 1922 Seminole Heights bungalow upgraded and our electrician had put in a new more modern outlet, which required 4 prongs. So off to Home Depot I went and bought the 4 prong cord, and I replaced the 3 prong cord. Not to difficult to do. I held onto the 3 prong cord for years before finally garage saleing it, maybe a few months ago as we prepared for the move to Lutz.

So now it turns out I should not have garage saled it.

Ooh well, this time I went to Lowes and got a 3 prong cord and rewired the darn thing.

So I have a 4 prong cord sitting in my workshop. Since we do not plan to move from our new Lutz house, this one will go in the first garage sale we hold.

No comments: