Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gates High School Reader Comments

Comments sent to me by a Lutz Resident

 "In comparing the email that you received from the Gates' Executive Director, as compared with the traffic counts stated in their submission, I find some inconsistencies. 


If in fact, the main Key Access Point (main entrance) will be off of Hwy. 41, then why do their projected counts show otherwise? 


I still maintain that the projected traffic on Sunset Lane, combined with the recent 60% increase in student load at the Lutz Learning Center, will create an unsustainable "choke point" on Sunset which has already been determined by the County as being unable to be widened or appreciably modified. I already witness near accidents at this point on Sunset on a regular basis. 


Since the daycare has increased their number of students (and associated traffic), it is not unusual at all for parents to park in my driveway (a dedicated easement for ingress and egress) and to park on the side of Sunset Lane, right where the Gates' driveway is proposed. 


This is a recipe for disaster."

 If anyone else has comments on the issue please email me at dbanghart@yahoo.com

No comments: