Saturday, May 05, 2012

Gates High School - Why no comments of support?

Usually in zoning hearings there are letters and comments from those who oppose and from those who support the requested variance.  I see plenty in opposition  to Gates High School. However I am surprised that I have yet to read any letters or comments of support.  Yet I know there are Lutz residents in support, because I have run into them. It's the parents whose children who go to the School or will go to the School. Some live in my subdivision of Windemere.  If I were the school I would be asking all the parents and all the children to write in to the Zoning board and to write to blogs such as this.

In addition I would think area business owners would be in support, since the school will bring more business to the Lutz Commercial area.  Those cars will need gas at Lutz Petroleum. The drivers might opt to stop off at Winn Dixie or Walgreens, Ace Hardware or Pet Supermarket, or John's Butcher shop since they are in the area. After school people might want to go to  Beef O'Brady's, Westshore Pizza, Villagio Restaurante, Elsa's or The Gathering Place. Other businesses would get more exposure such as Annie's Place, Deb's Whistlestop, Hound's Meow, Babcocks, or Alle Florist.   The staff would occasionally not want to eat lunch in the school cafeteria and would choose Richard's Cafe, Subway, McDonalds, House of China, Hot Rods, or Whaley's BBQ.   The same for people who would come to school events such as the recent EcoFest.

Curious.

5/8/12 - Update - Today 21 letters of support have been received by the county,

No comments: